Sunday, August 24, 2014

Garrett's Skills

So Garrett has been having fun drawing more lately. Sometimes he does caricatures (which he's getting really good at) and sometimes he does more legit drawings (which he's also really good at too). So here are some samples. 

 This is the reference photo for the caricature underneath this one. Garrett thought I shouldn't post it because you might see how bad it is but I thought I should post it so you can see how GOOD it is. Also, in case you don't know who "the good looking black guy from that Kevin Hart movie" is. It's this guy. I think his name is Michael Ealy. 


 So here it is. Isn't he good at this?! It looks so simple to draw but getting the curves of the lines just right and accentuating or exaggerating the right lines and getting the drawing to look like the real person is actually a lot harder than it seems. I think it looks awesome. He's actually planning to maybe take requests and maybe one day sell them so if you want to give him some practice, hit him up!


And I don't have the reference photo for this but can you tell who it is??? If you can't, then wow. But it's obviously me. I am SUPER impressed with this. Especially because I have been drawn before and I have tried drawing myself and I've never been able to make it look like me at all (I can't NOT correct my flaws so my final product always looks like a pretty girl, but not really reminiscent of me). So anyway, isn't this awesome?! It's even better in person because his drawings of eyes are really beautiful. 

So, yay for Garrett's art. He's the bomb. 

1 comment:

Meedy said...

Holy Cow! Garrett is so Good! You should frame the one of you :)